Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BFG Styles Project




For our newest assignment, we created new layouts for the "BFG" project, the only twist is to take the layout and stylize it according to a random time & culture and random artist.

I picked 14th-16th century Japan to stylize my London architecture. In the final layout I emphasized the corners of most objects as a curved shaped that came to a point, just like the roofs of the historical Japanese architecture.

The artist that I referred to was Jon Klassen. He's an amazing visual development artist who works for Dreamworks Animation. Klassen's own work consists of simple, flat, graphic shapes that are touched up with various textures. It was a great experience trying to work in Klassen's style because I usually strive for a more realistic and volumetric approach in drawing and painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment